E2U MVB15 is a rapid curing, VOC-compliant, two component, 100% solids epoxy system for concrete substrates. MVB15 is a moisture vapor barrier that reduces the permeance of moisture vapor to levels that are acceptable for the application of flooring installation systems and floor coverings. It is compatible with most flooring adhesives and cementitious under laments, including all E2U adhesives, primers and under laments.
|Volumetric Ratio: . . . . . . . . . .||2 to 1|
|Industrial Floors . . . . . . . . . . .||100 Sq. Ft./Gal|
|Garage Floors with Flake Broadcast . . . . . . .||200 Sq. Ft./ gal|
|Application Temperature: . . . . . .||50-90°F|
|Pot life”. . . . . . . . . . . .||15-20 min|
|Working Time on Floor: . . .||20-30 min|
|Recoat: . . . . . .||24 hours|
|Shelf Life . . . . . .||12 months|
1.5 Gallon Kit:
Part A . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 gal.
Part B. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1/2 gal.
15 Gallon Kit:
Part A . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10 gal.
Part B. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 gal.
Use only with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Keep container closed when not in use. Wash thoroughly after handling. DO NOT take internally. Use impervious gloves, eye protection and if the TLV is exceeded or used in a poorly ventilated area, use NIOSH/MSHA approved respiratory protection in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with water for at least 15 minutes. In case of skin contact wash affected areas with soap and water. If irritation persists, SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION. Remove and wash contaminated clothing. If inhalation causes physical discomfort, remove to fresh air. If discomfort persists or any breathing difficulty occurs or if swallowed, SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION. Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for further information.
This product contains material listed by the state of California as known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
0 g/L or 0 lbs/gal less water and exempt solvents when components are mixed and applied per E2U instructions.WARRANTY
E2U products are warranted for one year after date of purchase. Please refer to the Limited Material warranty for additional clarification.
> Rapid curing for faster job completion
> Compatible with all E2U flooring adhesives and under laments
> 2 to 1 mix ratio by volume
> 100% Solids Formulation
> Low odor makes it ideal for interior use
> One coat application
> Can be applied to 7 day old concrete
Where to Use
MOISTURE VAPOR BARRIER APPLICATION
• Concrete floors and slabs with a compressive strength of at least 2500 psi
• Where moisture vapor transmission of substrate falls between 3 lbs and 15 lbs per 1000 ft2
over 24 hours using calcium chloride test per ASTM F1869
• Where the relative humidity is between 75% and 90% per ASTM F2170 or F2420, as outlined
RH LEVEL 90%
1. Ensure that floors are structurally sound and cured a minimum of 7 days.
2. Follow all standard ACI recommendations for surface preparation. Remove all contaminants such as dirt, oil, paint, wax, grease, bitumens, and forming, curing, and release agents, efflorescence, or other foreign matter.
3. Repair concrete and install joint sealants and fillers as necessary. Use patching materials not susceptible to moisture.
4. Mechanical surface profiling is the preferred floor preparation method for both new and existing floors. It is the only acceptable preparation method where warranties are issued. Acid etching is not recommended. Mechanically profile the floor to medium-grit sand- paper texture (CSP 3 or 4).
5. Measure MVT (moisture vapor transmission) after shot-blasting using a calcium chloride test per ASTM F1869 instructions, or a relative humidity test per ASTM F2170 or F2420
6. If the moisture vapor transmission tests show that a rate of 3 lb/1000 ft2 in 24 hours or a relative humidity of 75% is exceeded, then E2U MVB15 is needed prior to the application of flooring adhesives and under laments. Note: It is recommended that a test area is completed prior to applying MVB15 on the entire floor to ensure that water vapor levels are sufficiently suppressed to allow floor covering installations.
DO NOT PAINT OVER MILDEW. Mildew is a fungus, brown, black, gray or even white in color, and will rapidly grow through any coating applied over it. A solution of 50% household bleach and 50% water will kill the mildew. See precautions on bleach label for handling before using.
1. Mix Part A (resin) component and Part B (hardener component (2 to 1 by volume) together using a slow speed drill (500 rpm) and paddle for 2-3 minutes.
2. Pour the entire mixture onto the properly prepared concrete surface immediately after mixing. Leaving the material in the pail will significantly reduce the pot life and will cause the temperature of the material to rise.
3. Because of the quick cure rate of this product, do not mix more kits than can be used within the pot life of 15–25 minutes at 75° F (24° C). Elevated temperatures decrease mix amount.
1. The ambient and surface temperature must be between 50 and 90° F at the time of application, and temperatures should not rise above this range during application or while the material is curing. Ambient relative humidity percentage should not exceed 80% at the time of application. Note: Higher temperatures will shorten the working and cure time of this material.
2. For application as a moisture vapor barrier, spread the mixed mate- rial onto the substrate with a notched squeegee at a rate of up to 100 square feet per gallon. Place the epoxy to permit a continuous operation by applying the second mix immediately behind the first mix. Apply to the entire surface, ensuring there are no dry areas.
3. Allow MVB15 to become tack free (approximately 4-6 hours under normal conditions) before applying another flooring installation product.
4. If cementitious underlayment are required for the floor covering installation, prime the tack free surface of MVB15 with primer prior to installing the underlayment. The MVB15 surface must be free of any contaminants such as dust prior to applying primer to ensure proper adhesion.
5. Flooring adhesives may be applied directly to the tack free MVB15 surface if no underlayment is required.
6. The MVB15 creates a non porous surface when cured. Apply floor- ing installation materials accordingly over the top.
Clean tools and equipment with acetone or xylene immediately after using. Wash hands and skin with soap or industrial hand cleaner, not with solvent. Cured material must be removed mechanically.
Health and Safety Information
Appropriate literature has been assembled which provides information concerning the health and safety precautions that must be ob- served when handling MVB15. Before working with these products, you must read and become familiar with the available information on their hazards, proper use, and handling. This cannot be overemphasized. Information is available in several forms, e.g., material safety data sheets and product labels.